Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Magnificat and Food Inc.

Remember I told you that last Sunday we went to Grace Cathedral to scope out locations for a shoot? Well, we had the shoot on Sunday. The group that sang was called Magnificat. They sang a Baroque operatic chant to G-d. They sounded like Benedictine monks. The music just took me out.

I filmed it with Film Workshop. That's Max Sokoloff in the background. I tried to make my camera work look like moving painting. But, we'll see after I edit it. I'll put it up on the blog.

Yesterday, I watched Food Inc. It was really a great documentary and I was sad to see how the animals are kept out of the sun for their entire lives. Also, the way they kill pigs was really upsetting, by smashing them with this thing that looks like a garbage truck crusher. I like hamburgers, but I am going to be really careful from now on about where the meat comes from...how the animals are treated and the conditions in which they lived before they were killed to be eaten by humans.

No comments:

Post a Comment