Thursday, April 22, 2010

G-d, shoes, and Jose German Barerra Ascencio



I was saying to Mom today that a lot of people think that God is a man. I think that belief makes women look weak. Who knows whether God is a man or a woman. I know that women are not weak. Woman are very very strong. So, it is possible that God is a woman. But it's hard to tell from here.

There was a man who died today in Oakland. His name was Jose German Berrera Ascencio. He worked in a recycling place in Milpitas and had nine children in Guatemala. He sent money to his family to support them. He never saw his five year old son. He was shot last week at night in Oakland when he was bringing some of his co-workers home from work late at night. I think we should think of him. He must have been a good man.

It made me sad to think that I was taking all these beautiful pictures of Oakland while Jose German Berrera Ascencio was dying and his children were hoping to hear from him again. And then on TV tonight they had this weird thing about Arizona and being able to tell undocumented immigrants from their shoes. What kind of shoes?

No comments:

Post a Comment